Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Dance Outfits of today(for historicals)-what they missed

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have said that I thought these new dance outfits of today should have been made for the AGT collection instead of the historicals. However, they were based on the origins of the historicals.

    As I thought about it, I realized that they missed a few-Swedish(Kirsten), English(Elizabeth and Felicity) and Mexican(Josefina). The Josefina one would work for Marisol too.

    Also, the Irish one, although this hasn't been discussed in any of the books would work for Molly, too (McIntyre). A Jewish/Israeli one would be cool too for Lindsey, although I know they aren't making anything for her anymore.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When those dresses first came out, I wrote to AG telling them that they missed the boat as well on the Josefina/Marisol Ballet Folklorico outfit. Of course, I got the standard "we don't accept any ideas", yeah, that's obvious!

    Laurie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O.K That is just what AG says however we know that they do listen or they wouldn't be bringing back the beloved outfits, clothes press, guitar, and keeping Felicity! I absolutely believe they listen. They just don't want you to think that it could be your idea they swayed their decision to remake something or to create it for the first time!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They do that because if they use your idea they don't want people coming back and suing American Girl for stealing their idea or not giving them a portion of the profits. That's the only reason why the "don't accept ideas". But my ideas, like introducing a 1960s historical, I don't care whose ideas it is-I just want to see that doll!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You'll still get that response no matter what, but if you actually want them to use it, you need to include a comment along the lines of "I know you don't take unsolicited ideas, but in the event that you want to use this idea, I fully relinquish all rights to it" That way they don't worry about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •